BAOUFENG UV5R Dual Band Handheld Transceivers
BAOFENG UV-5R RADIO BACKGROUND
BaoFeng Introduced the UV-5R Dual Band, Dual Display radio in 2012. Since its introduction the UV-5R has seen a massive success.
There are several cosmetic variants of the UV-5R. These variants have no differences from the UV-5R besides their cosmetic design along with the possible removal of the 'Band Key' (no longer required in Gen. 2).
- High / Low Power Settings (4W/1W) Programmable Amateur Radio
- Frequency Range: 65-108 MHz (Only commercial FM radio reception) VHF: 136-174 MHz(Rx/Tx). UHF: 400-520 MHz(Rx/Tx)
- Customize Channel Names, the Boot Display and More by Using the PC03 FTDI Programming Cable
- 1500mAh Battery (1800mAh Label); Broadband (Wide) 25khz / Narrowband (Narrow) 12.5khz Selectable
- AUTO Keypad Lock, Dual Band, Dual Display and Dual Standby
The BaoFeng UV-5R is a compact hand held transceiver providing 4 watts in the frequency range of 136-174 MHz and 400-480MHz (520MHz later versions). It is a compact, economical HT that includes a special VHF receive band from 65 - 108 MHz which includes the regular FM broadcast band. Dual watch and dual reception is supported. You get up to 128 memories. Other features include: selectable wide/narrow, battery save function, VOX, DCS/CTCSS encode, key lock and built in flashlight. Selectable frequency steps include: 2.5, 5, 6.25, 10, 12.5 and 25 kHz. RF power may be selected at 4 or 1 watts. This radio comes with an SMA-Female antenna, flexible antenna, BL-5 Li-ion battery (7.4V 1500 mAh (1800mAh label)), belt clip, wrist strap, AC adapter (8.4V 600ma) and drop-in charging tray. This radio requires the PC03 FTDI programming cable.
Frequency-Modulated Receiver Chip:
- The RDA5802N has a powerful low-IF digital audio processor, which makes it have the most optimum sound quality with varying reception conditions